Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Whats The Story Morning Glory

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member deanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1,082
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there.

    I was wondering if you guys storyboard your movies and what your boards are like. Sometimes my boards are just images for a picture I have in my mind othertimes there more strait forward. Anyway here is a few of by scribles. Show me yours.

    These are few odd things I have on my PC from a while back but Im going to scan a few Boards from my latest offering very soon.

    1

    2

    3

    4

    5

    6

    7

    8

    9

    10

    11

    12

    13

    14

    Despin out.

    ------------------
    You call them morons. I call them friends.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member steven_craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2001
    Posts
    337
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    conceptual drawings of you initial thoughts are great but the actual storyboarding should only take place once you have blocked and added the camera to the action

    that's what i was tought... dunno what you guys think?

    ------------------
    a carefull man tries to dodge the bullets, while a happy man takes a walk!

    www.stevencraig.co.uk

  3. #3
    Inactive Member soulfilms's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2000
    Posts
    838
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i can't see your images despin.

    ------------------
    PostModern Pollution

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member deanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1,082
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there.

    Tell me about it. Im shite at all this intranet lark.

    Despin out.

    ------------------
    You call them morons. I call them friends.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Red House Painter's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2001
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What's the point in doing storyboards after you have blocked and added the camera to the action. Surely you then have your shot. I use storyboards as though I am editing and to help me block and to help me decide what the camera is doing.

    If you block and introduce the camera first, what do you use your storyboards for?

    I actually have most of a film already set out in my head down to a high level of detail as I write the script. I then use storyboards to break it down into even more detail that relates directly to the film and shooting.



    ------------------
    If you can't stand the heat, get out of the frying pan!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Dirty Cricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    Personally I don't care much for story boards, but they are a nice feature in planning a film.

    It seems that when i sit down to storyboard a scene, my first few blocks are very detailed drawings and then as i progress they slowly turn into stick figures with scibbling all around them.

    And then When I am on a shot, I just get confused by the story boards.

    If the blocking is not to complicated I like to just make up my camera shots on the spot. But that is just me.

    ------------------

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member deanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1,082
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there.

    When I do storyboards there for the benifit of the people helping me make the film. I dont need to see the story boards in order to shoot my movie. Everything I need for that is in my head. The storyboards are there to help other people have an idea what im thinking.

    Despin out.

    ------------------
    You call them morons. I call them friends.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •